Maintenance Kit Instructions: LaserJet P4014, P4015, P4515
CONTENTS: fuser, transfer roller, transfer roller hook, and 10 feed/separation rollers.
Remove duplexer or duplex accessory cover. Simply pull the duplexer or the cover out of the printer (from the back).
- Remove rear output bin. Open the bin and squeeze the right hinge pin (on your left if you are behind the printer) out of its mounting hole. Then rotate the bin away from the printer to release the other hinge pin.
- Remove fuser. Squeeze the blue fuser-release tabs (one on each side) and pull the fuser straight back and out of the printer. When re-installing the fuser, make sure to push it in until these tabs snap into place.
FEED/SEPARATION ROLLER REPLACEMENT:
- In each tray is a separation roller and mounted above each tray is a feed roller (Figs. A & B). You do not replace the pickup roller behind the feed roller, as it wears out more slowly. The kit contains 10 feed/separation rollers, enough for five paper trays.
- Replace the separation roller (in the tray). Lift the spring-loaded access cover to the left of the roller (Fig. A), and then squeeze the locking tab on the left end of the roller and slide the roller off the shaft. Push the new roller onto this shaft until it locks in place.
- Feed Roller. As the separation roller, but without an access cover.
TRANSFER ROLLER REPLACEMENT:
- Remove toner cartridge. Open the front door of the printer and remove the toner cartridge. Cover it or put it in a dark place.
- Remove transfer roller Use the blue plastic transfer roller removal tool (included with the roller) or a screwdriver to hook the left end of the transfer roller shaft (just right of the gear, Fig. C) and pull up on it to release it. Then slide the entire roller to the left to release the other end.
- Install new transfer roller. CAUTION: Do not touch the black rubber part of the new transfer roller with your bare hands – handle by the ends only or wear rubber gloves. To install the new roller, seat the right end first, then push down on the left end to lock it into place. Make sure that the plastic collar on the left end has its open end facing downward (Fig. D).
RESETTING MAINTENANCE COUNT
- Enter Service Menu. Select Service Menu in the printer menu and entering the correct code. The codes are: 05401408 for the P4014, 05401508 for the P4015 and 05451508 for the P4515. In this menu you will find “Maintenance Count=X.” Change the X to zero by pressing zero on the key pad.